By Stephen Ahern
Read or Download Affect and Abolition in the Anglo-Atlantic, 1770–1830 PDF
Best literary criticism & theory_1 books
We have been all on the livestock camp—the boys, a couple of women, the younger grownup males. .. The elders who had taught the more youthful ones tips to thoroughly take care of our farm animals already had long past to the village, their jobs accomplished, for this yr, at the very least. i used to be approximately 4 years previous, and this was once my moment 12 months on the camp.
This scholarly ebook on Virginia Woolf’s experimental novels is a phenomenal contribution to Virginia Woolf scholarship. The renewed educational enterprise re-examines the detailed beneficial properties of the experimental novels of the novelist talented with a imaginative and prescient of existence and (moment’s) truth that looks in its multifarious points by no means repeated even as soon as in her successive novels.
The Beginnings of English Literature via Charlton Miner Lewis. This booklet is a duplicate of the unique publication released in 1900 and should have a few imperfections equivalent to marks or hand-written notes.
Concentrating on Thomas Burke's bestselling selection of brief tales, Limehouse Nights (1916), this booklet contextualises the burgeoning cult of Chinatown in turn-of-the-century London. London's 'Chinese zone' owed its notoriety to the Yellow Perilism that circulated in Britain on the fin-de-siècle, a demonology of race and vice masked by means of outward matters approximately degenerative metropolitan blight and imperial decline.
- Unfolding Irish landscapes: Tim Robinson, culture and environment
- Sterne’s Whimsical Theatres of Language: Orality, Gesture, Literacy (Studies in Early Modern English Literature)
- The Plural of Us: Poetry and Community in Auden and Others
- New Directions in Popular Fiction: Genre, Distribution, Reproduction
- Renaissance Rewritings (Transformationen der Antike)
- Suture and Narrative: Deep Intersubjectivity in Fiction and Film (THEORY INTERPRETATION NARRATIV)
Additional info for Affect and Abolition in the Anglo-Atlantic, 1770–1830