By Dania Abdul Malak,Katriona McGlade,Diana Pascual,Eduard Pla
Read Online or Download Adapting to Climate Change: An Assessment of Vulnerability and Risks to Human Security in the Western Mediterranean Basin (SpringerBriefs in Environmental Science) PDF
Best nature & ecology books
Robert Thayer brings the techniques and delivers of the transforming into bioregional flow to a large viewers in a e-book that passionately urges us to find "where we're" as an antidote to our rootless, annoying smooth lives. LifePlace is a provocative meditation on bioregionalism and what it capacity to reside, paintings, consume, and play relating to evidently, instead of politically, outlined components.
Drawing from David Suzuki's released and unpublished writings, this assortment finds the underlying passions and philosophies that experience expert his paintings over a life-time. In those incisive and provocative essays, Suzuki explores the bounds of information and the connectedness of all issues; he seems to be unflinchingly on the harmful forces of globalisation, political shortsightedness, and greed and cautions opposed to blind religion in technology, know-how, politics, and economics.
Erdbeben, Hurrikans, Jahrhunderthochwasser: Immer wieder zeigt die Natur in solchen Ereignissen auch ihre zerstörerische Seite – und dies seit Jahrmillionen. Naturkatastrophen haben auch unsere eigene Geschichte geprägt und beeinflusst: Sie schufen Mythen, entschieden Kriege und ließen ganze Reiche untergehen.
Discover the wonders of Oregon’s Crater Lake, from the snow-covered rim to the depths of crystal-clear water. This soaking up portrait of North America’s inner most lake will enthrall you with stories of early struggles, explorations and adventures. Then trip worldwide from Crater Lake to the mysteries of volcanic craters jam-packed with murky waters, sulfurous caldrons or empty canyon partitions.
- The American Sea: A Natural History of the Gulf of Mexico (Harte Research Institute for Gulf of Mexico Studies Series, Sponsored by the Harte Research ... Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi)
- The Conservation Program Handbook: A Guide for Local Government Land Acquisition
- Planet Earth: Mountains
- Women and the Environment in the Third World: Alliance for the future (Sustainable Development Set)
- Woodland, Moor and Stream, Being the Notes of a Naturalist
- Global Green Infrastructure: Lessons for successful policy-making, investment and management
Extra info for Adapting to Climate Change: An Assessment of Vulnerability and Risks to Human Security in the Western Mediterranean Basin (SpringerBriefs in Environmental Science)