By Robert Kuhn McGregor
Independently deriving what this present day will be thought of an ecological worldview, Thoreau dedicated the final years of his writing profession to nature reviews, written in his personal designated voice.
during this revised version of a regular examine of Thoreau and nature, the writer strains the origins and improvement of Thoreau’s shift in standpoint and his painstaking efforts thereafter.
Read or Download A Wider View of the Universe: Henry Thoreau’s Study of Nature, Revised Edition PDF
Similar literary criticism & theory_1 books
We have been all on the livestock camp—the boys, a couple of ladies, the younger grownup males. .. The elders who had taught the more youthful ones how one can accurately deal with our livestock already had long past to the village, their jobs complete, for this 12 months, a minimum of. i used to be approximately 4 years previous, and this was once my moment yr on the camp.
This scholarly e-book on Virginia Woolf’s experimental novels is an exceptional contribution to Virginia Woolf scholarship. The renewed educational enterprise re-examines the unique good points of the experimental novels of the novelist proficient with a imaginative and prescient of existence and (moment’s) fact that looks in its multifarious points by no means repeated even as soon as in her successive novels.
The Beginnings of English Literature through Charlton Miner Lewis. This booklet is a replica of the unique booklet released in 1900 and will have a few imperfections similar to marks or hand-written notes.
Concentrating on Thomas Burke's bestselling number of brief tales, Limehouse Nights (1916), this ebook contextualises the burgeoning cult of Chinatown in turn-of-the-century London. London's 'Chinese area' owed its notoriety to the Yellow Perilism that circulated in Britain on the fin-de-siècle, a demonology of race and vice masked by way of outward matters approximately degenerative metropolitan blight and imperial decline.
- Shakespeare's Two Playhouses: Repertory and Theatre Space at the Globe and the Blackfriars, 1599–1613
- Climate Change Fictions: Representations of Global Warming in American Literature (Literatures, Cultures, and the Environment)
- John Milton's "Paradise Lost". Can the Literary Satan be considered a Classic Hero?
- Staging Dario Fo and Franca Rame: Anglo-American Approaches to Political Theatre (Warwick Studies in the Humanities)
- From Aguirre to Zipes: A Collection of Book Reviews, and a Few Interviews with Authors
- Ibn al-Farid's "Khamriyya" ("Ode on Wine")
Extra info for A Wider View of the Universe: Henry Thoreau’s Study of Nature, Revised Edition