By Betine van Zyl Smit
- Represents the 1st quantity to supply a whole review of the reception of old drama from antiquity to the present
- Covers the interpretation, transmission, functionality, creation, and variation of Greek tragedy from the time the performs have been first created in old Athens during the twenty first century
- Features overviews of the historical past of the reception of Greek drama in such a lot nations of the world
- Includes chapters masking the reception of Greek drama in sleek opera and film
Read or Download A Handbook to the Reception of Greek Drama (HCRZ - Wiley Blackwell Handbooks to Classical Reception) PDF
Similar literary criticism & theory_1 books
We have been all on the livestock camp—the boys, a couple of women, the younger grownup males. .. The elders who had taught the more youthful ones easy methods to appropriately take care of our livestock already had long past to the village, their jobs entire, for this 12 months, at the very least. i used to be approximately 4 years outdated, and this used to be my moment yr on the camp.
This scholarly ebook on Virginia Woolf’s experimental novels is an exceptional contribution to Virginia Woolf scholarship. The renewed educational enterprise re-examines the detailed beneficial properties of the experimental novels of the novelist talented with a imaginative and prescient of existence and (moment’s) truth that looks in its multifarious points by no means repeated even as soon as in her successive novels.
The Beginnings of English Literature by way of Charlton Miner Lewis. This publication is a duplicate of the unique e-book released in 1900 and will have a few imperfections corresponding to marks or hand-written notes.
Concentrating on Thomas Burke's bestselling number of brief tales, Limehouse Nights (1916), this ebook contextualises the burgeoning cult of Chinatown in turn-of-the-century London. London's 'Chinese area' owed its notoriety to the Yellow Perilism that circulated in Britain on the fin-de-siècle, a demonology of race and vice masked via outward matters approximately degenerative metropolitan blight and imperial decline.
- Tristana by Benito Pérez Galdós: by Benito Pérez Galdós (Hispanic Texts MUP)
- Melodrama: Volume 13 (The Critical Idiom Reissued)
- Daniel Defoe and the Representation of Personal Identity (Routledge Studies in Eighteenth-Century Literature)
- Central American Avant-Garde Narrative: Literary Innovation and Cultural Change (1926-1936) - Student Edition
- Postcolonial Manchester: Diaspora space and the devolution of literary culture
- Undomesticated Dissent: Democracy and the Public Virtue of Religious Nonconformity
Additional resources for A Handbook to the Reception of Greek Drama (HCRZ - Wiley Blackwell Handbooks to Classical Reception)