By Jean-Christophe Agnew,Roy Rosenzweig
- Covers society and tradition, humans and events, politics and international policy
- Surveys and evaluates the simplest scholarship on each vital period and topic
- Includes e-book evaluate part on crucial readings
Read Online or Download A Companion to Post-1945 America (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) PDF
Similar american history books
Edgecombe County, within the coastal plains of North Carolina alongside the Tar River, was domestic to the Tuscarora tribes and used to be based by means of English immigrants from Virginia. The county swelled as an agricultural middle within the cotton and cloth industries, reinforced by way of a wealth of lumber and sustained by means of a thriving inland river port and railroad.
Ira Aten (1862-1953) used to be the epitome of a frontier lawman. At age twenty he enrolled in corporation D through the transition of the Rangers from Indian combatants to topnotch peace officials. This unit—and Aten—would have a full of life time making their mark in nineteenth-century Texas. The preponderance of Texas Ranger remedies heart at the outfit as an establishment or highlight the narratives of particular captains.
A compelling tale of supplier, survival, fight and conquer adversity greater than the other textual content, The African-American Odyssey illuminates the crucial position of African-Americans in U. S. historical past through telling the tale of what it has intended to be black in the US and the way African-American historical past is inseparably woven into the higher context of yankee heritage.
Background like you’ve by no means encountered it prior to! The proof maintain Gettin’ within the manner of the tale is a set of news from the background of Arizona and the larger southwest. lots of those tales are instructed in unique cowboy poetry, others within the kind of first-person narrative. The tales disguise the emotional gamut from the funny to the tragic, honoring the heroism and hubris of early pioneers, settlers, ranchers, outlaws, lawmen, “fallen women”, politicians, or even farm animals.
- West Linn (Images of America)
- Jefferson's Freeholders and the Politics of Ownership in the Old Dominion (Cambridge Studies on the American South)
- Lovin' That Lone Star Flag
- Cecelia and Fanny: The Remarkable Friendship Between an Escaped Slave and Her Former Mistress
- Slipstream: A Daughter Remembers
- North Augusta: James U. Jackson's Dream (Images of America)
Extra resources for A Companion to Post-1945 America (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History)