By Stuart Leibiger
A better half to James Madison and James Monroe positive factors essays from top lecturers that examine quite a few points of the lives and legacies of our fourth and 5th presidents.
- Provides historians and scholars of heritage with a wealth of recent insights into the lives and achievements of 2 of America’s such a lot complete statesmen, James Madison and James Monroe
- Features 32 state-of-the box historiographic essays from top teachers that contemplate a number of features of the lives and legacies of our fourth and 5th presidents
- Synthesizes the newest findings, and gives new insights in accordance with unique learn into basic sources
- Addresses themes that readers frequently are looking to research extra approximately, resembling Madison and slavery
Read Online or Download A Companion to James Madison and James Monroe (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) PDF
Similar government books
This paintings explores the mental insights and theories of Mark Twain and Sigmund Freud. notwithstanding first and foremost look those males appear to represent an not going pairing, every one formulated a accomplished thought of person and team psychology and therefore utilized that figuring out to the geographical regions of faith, morality, patriotism and politics.
Students and policymakers in ecu international coverage lament the EU's lack of ability to say itself at the international level. This ebook explains this weak spot by way of arguing that european overseas coverage is careworn by means of a variety of inner features, and systemizes the research of inner performance, pushing the examine past the fear with effectiveness.
It may be argued that Switzerland has a unusual set of political associations, for instance decentralized federalism, energetic referendum democracy, and l. a. formule magique (grand coalition). This quantity focuses upon the political and social results of those associations within the 1990s.
This quantity examines the overseas coverage transition from George W. Bush to Barack H. Obama when it comes to the nations of the Americas. during this paintings, individuals examine the main defining gains in their respective guidelines in facing security-related matters. particularly, they learn no matter if significant transformations or continuities really exist among the international rules of Bush and Obama, in particular given the notion of yank decline.
- Obama's Legacy: What He Accomplished as President
- Selling War in a Media Age: The Presidency and Public Opinion in the American Century (The Alan B. Larkin Series on the American Presidency)
- How I became a governor (1913)
- The United States Department of Agriculture, a Study in Administration
Extra info for A Companion to James Madison and James Monroe (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History)