By Laura K. McClure
- The such a lot modern scholarship on Euripides and his oeuvre, that includes the most recent texts and commentaries
- Leading students within the box talk about all of Euripides’ performs and their afterlife with breadth and depth
- A devoted part specializes in the reception of Euripidean drama because the Hellenistic
- Original and provocative interpretations of Euripides and his performs forge very important paths of in destiny scholarship
Read Online or Download A Companion to Euripides (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Best literary criticism & theory_1 books
We have been all on the livestock camp—the boys, a couple of ladies, the younger grownup males. .. The elders who had taught the more youthful ones the best way to appropriately take care of our livestock already had long gone to the village, their jobs entire, for this 12 months, not less than. i used to be approximately 4 years previous, and this was once my moment yr on the camp.
This scholarly publication on Virginia Woolf’s experimental novels is a phenomenal contribution to Virginia Woolf scholarship. The renewed educational enterprise re-examines the certain beneficial properties of the experimental novels of the novelist proficient with a imaginative and prescient of lifestyles and (moment’s) truth that looks in its multifarious points by no means repeated even as soon as in her successive novels.
The Beginnings of English Literature by means of Charlton Miner Lewis. This e-book is a duplicate of the unique ebook released in 1900 and should have a few imperfections resembling marks or hand-written notes.
Targeting Thomas Burke's bestselling number of brief tales, Limehouse Nights (1916), this booklet contextualises the burgeoning cult of Chinatown in turn-of-the-century London. London's 'Chinese region' owed its notoriety to the Yellow Perilism that circulated in Britain on the fin-de-siècle, a demonology of race and vice masked by way of outward matters approximately degenerative metropolitan blight and imperial decline.
- Literary Analysis: The Basics
- Shaping the Canons of Ancient Greek Historiography: Imitation, Classicism, and Literary Criticism (Beiträge zur Altertumskunde)
- The Metamorphoses of Ovid
- Aimless Wanderer: A Book of Poems
Extra resources for A Companion to Euripides (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)